Monday, October 10, 2011

Max's Flowing Locks

     A psychological cover is the best, in my opinion.  Getting to play around with symbolism and having a harder concentration on composition and design instead of straight story telling seems to draw the reader in and create a more solid illustration.  Using the fan favorite (and class assigned) character Max Starwind, I created this cover:


     Flowing hair, eye contact, treasure, alien bits, what more could you ever need?  This piece was heavily inspired by the work of Dave Johnson.  He is by far my favorite cover artist.  You should probably check him out at  http://devilpig.deviantart.com/.
     And my next post will be a finished colored version.  I have a lot of different plans of attack I could choose for this cover, I can't wait to see which one works.

No comments:

Post a Comment