Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Calliope

     Oh, this was such a fun assignment!  I've had a bit of a lull in creative satisfaction after projects, but this one just felt wonderful to make.  Quick summary, for class we were to pick out a favorite comic cover, then redo it in our own style, or a style that strongly deviated from the original.  Well, here's the original.


     For those of you who were unaware, The Sandman is my favorite comic series, and one of the main motivators that made me want to be a comic book artist in the first place.  It was an easy choice.  Now for the version I made.  Since this cover has that classic mix between actual physical objects and ethereal images that McKean is known for, I wanted to do a complete 180.  Flat graphic blacks, zip-a-tone, and simple colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment